Saturday, October 10, 2009

number: busy-ness

When I started this bloggin' thing I thought I would be super-blogger.
I would blog all the time.
I would share hilarious stories and you all would keel over in laughter...tears streaming down your face due to the elation and joy you felt in your heart.
And while I would like to believe we've had some of those times...we have definitely not had those times the past couple weeks.

And here's why:
I have become busy.
Busy with life.
I forgot how much activity the fall brings.
I am currently tired.
I am tired when I wake up.
I am tired when I am driving to work.
A friend-who shall remain nameless- recently confessed to me that she sometimes convinces herself to close one eye while she drives just so she can conserve a bit of energy.
I think I might start doing this. Reckless behavior is my middle name!
I am tired when I am driving home from work.
To sum this up: I am tired.

This really is just a post for me to explain my position of tired/busy-ness.
I am not saying this to make myself superior- people begin to compete whenever you say you're busy or tired. They say things like, "Oh, well you just can't understand how tired I am! Try having x y or z on your plate!" That's lame. Can't we just be tired together and watch new episodes of Glee, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice?
Ummmm...I can hear you judging me. Whatever. Don't be jealous of the trashy-trash that I love!


So, I hope we can all still be friends.
I solemnly swear to blog at least once a week.
After all, we need to keep in touch.
We're like pen-pals.
Except this is kinda one-way.
Like a street.
Or a dysfunctional relationship. Like that of my relationship with Diet Coke. The DC just takes advantage of my vulnerability and dependence. What am I even saying?!

Hope you all have a great week! Happy October 1oth, y'all!

...until next time...

1 comment:

Kimber. said...

GLEE = solid. Grey's Anatomy = always solid.

Related Posts with Thumbnails