Tuesday, September 29, 2009

number: rabbit rabbit day

Rabbit Rabbit Day is coming up soon!
"What is rabbit rabbit day?!" you might ask.
I am just as enthused.
Well, rabbit rabbit day is the first day of the month.
I learned this on nickelodeon when I was at the wee little age of 7 or 8 years.
On the first day of the month you are supposed to wake up and say,
"Rabbit, Rabbit!"
for good luck to come for the month.
...I think...
Honestly, I really can't remember more than you're supposed to say
"Rabbit, Rabbit!"

So, this month, I challenge all of you to wake up and exclaim,
"RABBIT, RABBIT!"
This will probably scare the pants off anyone who is near you.
But, hey, for the sake of fun kick off your tight laced shoes and do a jig while sayin' this.
You might just end up on the news for acting like a crazy person!
And by all means...continue...and send me a link of a video of you doing this.
I want to see it.

You know...the word rabbit is a silly word. Saying the word rabbit over and over makes you kinda want to go nutty. Who came up with this english language?
Well, I guess some guy married some girl a long time ago and they couldn't talk to each other, but both had latin based languages and they came up with English.

I am digressing.

So, happy end of September, everyone!
I hope the next new month brings lots of luck and joy to your life.

...until next time...

2 comments:

Cathy said...

the version i learned was the french one: lapin! lapin! lapin!
and i'm pretty sure Nickelodeon wasn't even a TV show when I learned it :)

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit

I looked up "Rabbit Rabbit Day." I don't know how accurate Wikipedia is, but sometimes it's good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails