Thursday, January 21, 2010

number: library



Today I did something I have not done in a long, long time.
Today I traveled back in time to memories of summer reading, cool air conditioning, and the hope of finding a journey to embark upon.
Today I went to the library.
I forgot how wonderful libraries smell.
What's more, I forgot how wonderful the books in the library smell.
Like memories coming to life, really.
This is all very dramatic, I know, but this entire experience made me question myself:
When did I forget to go to the library?
When did I get too rad to rent books- for free mind you- from such a great establishment?
Probably about the time I started thinking I was not a dork anymore and coffee shops were my safe haven.
Coffee shops are overrated.
I actually am a total dork.
I'm going back to the good 'ole days.
This year, 2010, I am going to get back to my roots.
So, here's my pledge: I'm going to the library at least once a month!
AND, even better, I pledge to visit every museum Little Rock has to offer this year.
Lofty goals- I know- but maybe I'll learn something and become a bit more cultured.
So, what are you doing this year to better yourself?

...until next time...

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Love, love, LOVE the library! I got my card for the Central AR Library System about 2 years ago, and it is amazing! In fact, I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas and I have no idea how to spend it!

Martha said...

I love the Mid America Science Museum in Hot Springs! Get Cooper to take you over there... then grab some fabulous bbq at McLards.
http://www.midamericamuseum.org/
___________________
http://www.mcclards.com/index.htm
Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. til 8:00 p.m. They don't take credit cards...cash only!!

You'll thank me for this little Saturday outing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails