Tuesday, November 10, 2009

number: PW...The best day of my LIFE!!!

Yesterday brought a turn of events my friends.
Yesterday I met The Pioneer Woman.
It truly was a happy day.
I awoke with a spring in my step.
I mean it was the day I was going to meet Ree- my blogging best friend!
Please, let me have my moment. It doesn't have to be yours- I live in a different universe where celebrities know my name.

I got to Walmart- the cookbook signing destination- around 5:15 pm.
The book signing started around 6:00 pm when Ree arrived.

I met up with these ladies ^^ right about 5:30 pm.
Lauren is on the left. She and I went to college together and share many hilarious memories with each other. I love her. And she loves the Pioneer Woman just like I do. Needless to say we were ridiculous together. There might have been squealing and sweating involved.
View Lauren's blog here

Ok! Moving on...Melanie is on the right.
I adore Mel. She is one of my closest friends.
Her one flaw is that she does not really dream about Ree Drummond being her bffe.
Melanie doesn't write Ree's name over and over on the cover of her binder.
She doesn't write Ree + Mel = The Coolest Friends Ever on pieces of paper
So, some of you are thinking, "Um, Laura you are not cool. Melanie is cool." Ah! What?! ...You're so right...I think I'm still just a little fat girl inside.

So, our adventure continued as we waited for about an hour and a half til we got to this part right here:

Meeting Marlboro Man! This is Pioneer Woman's husband. He was very nice. He signed my cookbook. It was so fun- as you can tell, Lauren and I are geeking out right about now.

We waited for about another 15-30 minutes to meet this woman right here:

THE PIONEER WOMAN!

There are four things I want you to recognize:
1. The incredibly excited smile on my face- I'm like a kindergartener at recess
2. How gorgeous Ree is- isn't she just beautiful?
3. The Pumpkin Spice Cupcake I brought her from Cupcakes on Kavanaugh- the most delicious cupcakery in Little Rock
4. My skin. It's glowing. Why?! Because I am as pale as a ghost! People asked who Lauren and Melanie's formerly alive friend was. I am running to a tanning salon stat. Cooper, my dermatologist husband, is yelling how I'll end up his poster child for skin cancer. I put in my ear plugs and started running around singing, in which case he stopped to take a video.
I'm the next YouTube sensation.
It's always a party at the Keane house.

Well, folks, I'm back! Hope you're in for the ride!

...until next time...

4 comments:

Little Big Nest said...

Thanks for the shout out!!!! I had so much fun!!!

Katie Casey said...

So I had never heard of the Pioneer Woman before tonight, but just spent the last half-hour reading her love story: "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." Looks like I've got another blog to follow! Thanks for sharing!

melanie.beth said...

i love you. for so many reasons, but here are a few:
1. you still like me even though i'm indifferent to ree
2. you are hiliarous with a capital H
3. we are twins

Mallory Cervas said...

I'm so jealous you met her! I've been reading her blog for a while- such a hilarious lady.

Related Posts with Thumbnails